Mark your calendars! We're heading back (virtually) to take part in PacRim 2022 between February 28 and March 1! It would really be nice to have COVID in the rearview mirror because I love attending this conference in Honolulu. But I'm happy to attend virtually as well. We've got a full slate as we will be presenting alongside a few good friends and partners. In no particular order, here are our presentations:
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines: The Need for Clarity. Jeff will be presenting with Greg Rogers from Outlook Business Solutions and discussing some of the problems with WCAG... and strategies for making it clearer and more predictable for designers, developers and testers.
- Driving Accessibility Improvements in IT Products. Our good friend Cheryl Pruitt from the California State University Chancellor's Office will be presenting with Jeff on how universities and public sector entities can push accessibility efficiently and at little cost by requiring more from its vendors.
- Why It's Important to Test in Nontraditional Ways. Greg Rogers and Jeff will also be presenting on accessibility testing-- and how to use disabled testers to effectively test both to common standards and for usability.
- Why DEI Programs Need to Begin with Accessibility. Natalie Hadley from Outlook Business Solutions and I will be presenting on why accessibility isn't just a good addition to a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program-- it actually should be the foundation because it makes it much easer to push other social issues like gender and racial discrimination.
- Web Accessibility Legal Update. Natalie and I will also be giving a legal update for this year. While I usually give these updates alone, they can get a little geeky on the legal end. Natalie will help bring this down to the important takeaways that you'll need to remember.
Hope to see you at PacRim!!!
Want to See More Content Like This?
Want the latest blog posts, videos, white papers, and announcements? Sign up for our mailing list and stay in the loop!
We're Here to Help When You're Ready
Take a deep breath. Then feel free to reach out to our team when you're ready to discuss your accessibility needs.
0 comments on “Join Us at PacRim 2022”